Tis the season of holiday cheer and I know things can get very hectic in your life depending on your traditions or culture. Social calendars are packed, as for many this is a time to connect with family and friends. Relationships are renewed or revisited not always for happy results. This is afterall the biggest month for divorce announcements. Here are some tips for the season, that i find will put energy back into your system.
1. Start by making an intention for yourself for this holiday season. Write it out on a piece of paper or a mobile sticky note where you can review often.
2. Appreciate 3 things big or small each day that helped you fulfill that intention.
3. Make a habit of noticing what is going well and how your intention is manifesting. I like to say to myself WOW .. there it is again! (Your limbic brain loves cheer leading!)
4. If you find yourself alone for much of this month, i heartily recommend you look up the smaller events in your community usually happening in churches and go to local concert productions, choir events and bazaars. Everyone is in the holiday spirit and good music that endures the ages IS a healing modality itself. Yesterday i attended a most magically production of the Messiah in Orillia Ontario in St. Pauls United Church. The singing and orchestra was amazing and so uplifting. At the Hallelujah chorus tears for no reason but the beauty of the voices started to flow involuntarily. I found myself thinking about how this work has been sung in small communities like that for over 250 years and how the energy of that was pouring through the centuries and uplifting us all. Afterwards the community of choir members and volunteers cleaning up and putting away and wishing complete strangers the greetings of the season was heart-warming – to me a guest.
5. If this is a season that brings a great deal of stress or sorrow for you; if your relationships are strained or not nurturing don’t let that hurt fester one day more. There are lots of people who care and want to help. Talk to a friend and share your feelings. Journal your thoughts about what is bothering you and be open to a new perception or action you can take. If you have been for therapy or counselling in the past book a session or two with them. Even if they are not available until the New Year, taking action will signal your energy system that you are taking care of things. The stress may well subside.
Appreciate yourself for all that you are and all that you do for others. Bells will tinkle everywhere with your thoughts.
Have a wonderful month
With love and light