During the holiday season it is traditional to visit with family especially those you have not seen in awhile. For many this tradition can be very stressful. Why is that? It may be that we’ve grown in different directions and we are not the family members we once were. Either we have changed or perhaps they have or someone is learning something new – like Resonance Repatterning, and now we feel we don’t quite fit in. You start questioning whether or not you were adopted because how can you belong to a clan so different from yourself?
In the paradigm of Bert Hellinger’s family system energy work whether we like it or not we are all part of a family system. While we don’t need to condone or adopt the bad behaviour of certain group members, we do need to acknowledge that everyone belongs. To energetically exclude will cut us off from our basic flow of life energy. Here are a few more tips from the Resonance Repatterning system to help you make the most of the holiday season and enjoy every minute:
1. Welcome each other with pleasure! Everyone experiences some form of social anxiety when folks get together. Unconsciously we expect to be rejected, feel not wanted or not able to fit in. Nothing is worse than arriving and not knowing where to put your coat, find the leu, or figuring out who everyone else in the room is. You set a different tone to a gathering when you go out of your way to make each person arriving in your home feel special, welcomed and introduced to others. Find a way for everyone to feel included with small tasks. If you are the guest who was lost at the front door extend a hand, introduce yourself with a smile and ask what you can do to help.
2. Watch your gift giving habits. Practice giving from an unconditionally loving heart not a calculating one. Are you ‘giving to get’ something in return, show someone who has more money, power or status? One of the gifts given to me over 20 years ago and that I still treasure to this day, is a set of the Inner Child Divination cards. They were given to me by a friend who was not into anything alternative healing or mystical. However, from the bottom of her heart she bought these rather expensive beautiful cards because she knew that I was into it and they would mean a lot to me.
3. Everything happens for a reason and everything happens in right timing and everything is in order. If something must be forced it is likely not meant to be. Practice the art of being flexible, offering options, and cooperating with others. Leave room in your plans for the unexpected and delightful surprise.
4. Give the gift of looking out for each other. Maybe give up your right to a parking spot to someone who looks they need it more. Express greetings of the season to the person you pass all the time on your street or in the elevator. Include someone in your plans who might be alone. Ask “How are you doing?” and mean it. Take the time to listen to a friend who is stressed out.
5. The holidays can trigger many dormant patterns waiting to be healed. Who or what is irritating you? Remember your irritation only shows up because you have that frequency inside your energy field tuning in. What movies are making you cry? What events make you feel uncomfortable? Take good notes as your heart chakra is speaking directly to you about changes you need to make. Your observation of yourself over the holidays can give you major clues as to what needs repatterning in your life next.
6. This is a time to remember that you are… part of a family bigger than your own; you belong to the family of mankind, your presence is one of a kind and your life makes a difference to the planet.
With light and love